In this article, we will talk about subdomains and how we can create a new subdomain from our cPanel. We will show all the steps to create a subdomain. First, you should know what is a subdomain?
A subdomain is an additional part of your main domain name. Subdomains are created to organize and navigate to different sections of your website. You can create multiple subdomains or child domains on your main domain.
In this example, ‘store’ is the subdomain, ‘your website’ is the primary domain and ‘.com’ is the top-level domain (TLD). You can use any text as your subdomain, but you want to make sure it’s easy to type and remember.
Steps to create Subdomain
Step 1: Log in to your cPanel dashboard. After login navigates to Subdomains and clicks on it. (view below image)
Now a new page will open.
Step 2: Enter the details of your new subdomain.
- Enter the subdomain name.
- Select the domain name for this subdomain.
- Enter the directory path for this subdomain. (if your directory path does not exist the server will create the directory or if directory exists server will point to that directory for this subdomain)
- Click on Create.
(view below image)
A success message will display on your screen. (view below image)
Now you can view your new subdomain in the Subdomains section of your cPanel.
Steps to view list of subdomains
- Click on Subdomain that is available in your cPanel dashboard.
- Scroll to Modify a subdomain Section. Here you can see all your subdomains. (view below image)
- If your hosting provider allows the subdomain feature for your account then you can only create a subdomain.
- If you are using Cloudflare on your main domain then you must add a CNAME in your Cloudflare account.
- Your subdomain can take some time to access via http:// (non-SSL) or https:// (SSL) protocol.
3 thoughts on “Steps to create subdomain from cPanel”
Nice Post. I really appreciate your work. I found this more useful.